Friday, January 28, 2011

My chances have greatly improved.

Finally! Finally there is some good news! My labs are back! Which means, come Tuesday, Gerry will have his evaluation done by speech therapy and everything will be complete. This has given me such hope, such promise that I can see my husband before deployment. This is the first time, since October, that I have been really happy on the inside. To know that I can see him, gives me such a great joy, no words could even compete.

Gerry had seen the speech therapist on Thursday. He did really well. A little better than maybe I had planned. She said that Gerry says all of the consonants and vowels correctly, but sometimes mistakes letters. For example, he will say 'take' instead of 'cake'. He scored a 79 on the testing. Normal starts at 86, and it goes all the way to 115. His case is mild-moderate, but leans more toward the mild side. I"m excited. They also said his understanding skills were exemplary. He knows and understands more than children his age. That was some pretty cool news. Speech therapy twice a week, Tuesday's and Friday's until we leave. Which could be as early as next week. I'm so excited! So grateful, and so happy.

We're coming baby!

Pepsimama19